Sunday, February 16, 2014

Confession #10

I've been waiting for almost a year to have my day in court with
Ex. My attorney informed me that the Sheriffs Department will be serving them within the week. After several days of not hearing anything I call the Sheriffs department and ask for an update.
"Let me give you the number of the Deputy who is assigned to serve him," the operator said.
I dial the number and the Deputy is a woman. I ask her about it and she said, "Darn! I was just there serving his wife." The Deputy questions, "'Ratface' right?"
"Yes." I answer, confused. "I"m not serving Ratface. I'm serving Ex." I clarify.
"Yes, I realize that. Ratface is being served in a different case," she informs me.
I start laughing, as does the Deputy. "You mean," I continue, "that Ratface and Ex are both being served? Who is it?" I ask knowing it has to be her ex filing for full custody of their son.
"I can't tell you that," the Deputy informs me sadly. "That's classified. Now I have to come back here tomorrow I guess and serve him."
We say our goodbyes and I let her know I'll be calling the next day for an update.
The next morning I call the Deputy. "Were you able to serve Ex today?" I asked.
"Oh no. I went back yesterday after I got off the phone with you and gave them to Ratface." The Deputy answers laughing. "You're 'Lapin' right?"
"Yes." I answer
"When she opened the door I informed her I had papers for Ex as well. She got a funny look and asked if they were from you. I told her yes and she got a look on her face that spoke volumes." The Deputy said. "I know it wasn't professional but I couldn't help but smirk. She said, 'This is so irritating.'"
We both laughed and I thanked her.

No comments:

Post a Comment